Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Introduction

Being a professional mermaid is a truly magical experience. There is an amazing transformation every time I put on my tail. I lose all sense of being human, and the water becomes my home. There is something wonderful about sharing magic with both children and adults, and reminding people that dreams do come true. I have put over 200 hours into swimming and entertaining and practicing, and they were all well spent. But with all the practice and magic and beauty, there's A LOT, about being a mermaid that is not glamorous. And that's what I've created this blog for. Sure I will blog about the adventures and the glamour and I will write about all the amazing things that happen when I'm a mermaid, but I also want people to see what happens behind the scenes. What being a real mermaid is REALLY like, because it's not all sparkles and beauty. I will dive into the details of what goes on in my head during underwater and dry performances, the hilarity of being trapped in a tail and at the mercy of your mertender (the person that comes with a mermaid to assist her at events), working with children and the delightful things they say, tail cramps, beach bums, and everything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment